Migraitan® is available for all adults aged 18 to 65.
- Take ONE tablet as soon as possible at the first signs of a migraine headache.
- If your symptoms start to come back, you can take a second tablet after 2 hours. You must leave at least 2 hours after the first tablet.
- Swallow each tablet whole with water.
- Don’t take more than two tablets in 24 hours.
- Don’t take more than two tablets for the same attack.
- If the first tablet does not provide any relief, Don’t take a second tablet 3.
To determine whether or not it’s right for you, your pharmacist will ask you some questions or fill out a short questionnaire when purchasing Migraitan® for the first time.
Always use Migraitan® exactly as your pharmacist or doctor has told you. Check with your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure.
Do not take Migraitan® 3
- Unless you suffer from migraines (a doctor or pharmacist needs to confirm this).
- if you are allergic to Sumatriptan or to sulfonamide antibiotics or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you have heart problems, including heart failure, a previous heart attack, angina (chest pain), or an irregular heartbeat.
- if you have had a stroke or a mini-stroke.
- if you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- if you have high blood pressure or are being treated.
- if you are taking drugs containing ergotamine or ergotamine derivatives (migraine drugs such as methysergide) or other triptans (5 hydroxytriptamine (5HT1) receptor agonists, such as almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan or zolmitriptan etc.). These must not be taken at the same time as Sumatriptan.
- if you have history of seizures.
- if you are currently taking antidepressants called monoamine oxidase MAO inhibitors (e.g. phenelzine, isocarboxazide, tranylcypromine). If you take these medicines or have taken them in the last two weeks, don’t take Migraitan.